10 Things I Hate About You

(and some!)

One man's rants against those who try their hardest to make life difficult.

Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Money Pit

Banks. A necessary evil and lets face it, for all their "customer care" the majority are pretty much intent on only one thing and thats making money from you and I. Some make billions in profit but that doesn't stop them treating us more like we need them than they need us.

This is the latest scam from my bank: I have a fairly hefty direct debit of around £400 which my mortgage company by agreement take on the last day of the month. Last month, with my paycheque delayed, i transferred the money to cover it on the last day of the month (a Monday). Sure enough, i check the next day and all is hunky dory - money in, money out on the 31st, still in credit. Phew.

A couple of days later i get a letter from the bank - they'd refunded the mortgage payment to my account and rejected the DD. Whats more they're charging me £30 for the privledge! So i phone them...whats going on? Now get this...

Because they run their computer programs in the early hours of the day, and my transfer hadn't come in until 9.30am, I was overdrawn for a few hours hence the rejection!! You what? The Last Day Of The Month is the Last Day Of The Month isn't it? Apparently not so. The Last Day Of THe Month when you pay out is close of business the day before!

Anyway, after a loooong phonecall involving a couple of bank people, they agree to refund the £30. Poor show but at least they accepted my argument. Because they'd rejected the DD, the guy asked me if i was going to sort out payment with my mortgage provider myself. I said i would. I withdraw the money and send them a cheque.

Two days later - what happens? The bank puts through the DD again, takes me over the limit and charges me another £25!! I've yet to calm down enough to follow this up.

All i can say is...Thank you Bastards Bank!

S!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home